A couple of stories...
Sunday, Carlie fell over backwards and smacked her head on the kitchen floor. She started screaming, but the minute I picked her up she sighed and went limp. She was out cold. Scared me to death! I layed her on the couch and lifted her legs up. She came to after about 5 seconds. The poor girl was white as a ghost. After about 10 minutes she was up and moving around like normal. I have never had a kid do that. This was the first time she has really hit her head since having her helmet off. I wonder if she doesn't know how to take a fall since she has been protected for so long. I hope that never happens again!
On a lighter note, Macey cracked us up the other day. Nate asked her what she did at preschool. She replied, "We played outside and then we went in to do a crap". Nate asked, "you did what"? "We did CRAPS!", she yelled. Then it sunk in, Oh!!!! Crafts!
HAVE A GOOD DAY!

2 Comments:
Oh no! Poor girl. Glad she's ok!
Talia tripped and fell and bit a hole through her tongue a few months back. That wasn't fun. It's a good thing Scott was home, since my response, when T turned towards me and blood poured down her chin as she wailed "mom" while Scott was holding her, was to fling myself prostrate onto the floor as if I were a Muslim praying and scream "Oh no! What's wrong with my baby?"
That was a particularly effective tactic, I think. It really helped to calm everyone down.
Later on, Sophie told Scott that her stuffed animal that she'd been holding "was really scared when mommy did that."
I can't imagine why.
Did I ever tell you about the time I had to bail off an ATV as it rolled backward down a mountainside.
I didn't bit my tongue or crack my head, though.
But it was a looong walk back to the pickup.
Post a Comment
<< Home