A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas plans

I have heard from all of you that are able to make it to Pocatello for Christmas. Here is how Christmas Day is going to go down if all goes as planned. (Scott and Niki, we will miss you)

At 4:00 pm we will open presents (sorry Eric, but nice try for the 22nd...Brad and Rabecca, could you make it by 4:00? if not, just join us when you can.) I think present opening plus final dinner touches will take about 2 hours.

We will have a prime rib dinner around 6:00 pm. Frankly, I will need lots of kitchen help before and after dinner. I will also need "clean up the family room after presents" help....please. We must have things orderly for the next thing on the agenda.

After dinner, the Johansons will join us at 7:00 pm and we will gather for a spiritual meeting in our family room. At the meeting, Nate will give Shea a blessing. Nate and Jyll, I am sure that Lee would want you to plan the meeting itself, although he will be presiding. You may want to phone him and run things by him. (He doesn't do any computer communication.) Shall we have a song? prayer? comments? none or all of the above? Maybe your children could take part in this special event the way they do for family home evening....or anyone else would be happy to help, I am sure.

It will be crowded at our house, but the chuch would be very cold.

After Shea's blessing, the Johansons will probably leave and we will have family time where everyone will share something....like a song, story, picture, cartwheel, etc.

By then Lee will have to leave and the kids will be tired. It will be a wonderful Christmas Day!!!

Does that work for everyone?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Color me green with envy. Or maybe a nice mauve...

I work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year. And I used to think that nursing would be a nice Monday-Friday 8-4 job. Man, was I wrong.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Rabecca said...

Brad and I will miss the opening of presents, we will be their around 5:00 or 5:30pm we'll hurry :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Sounds good. I guess I'll have to brush up on my cartwheels...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home