Alive and kickin'

Marci, I'm still alive. Scott and Niki can verify this since I talked to them on the phone last week. (which reminds me - why don't you ever return my calls?)
Anyway, I spent the last three days in LaGrande, OR, one of my favorite towns. Next week I will be on the coast in Florence for the entire week. Tomorrow, I mow the lawn.
For now, enjoy a picture of my backside taken last Nov at a culvert we replaced.

4 Comments:
Are you wearing a helmet? Nervous you'd fall in? Or are you reshaping your head? Just curious. It isn't everyday you see a man wearing a construction helmet while working on something below his feet.
Nate -
The helmet is mandatory. The other three days on this project I wore my ballcap, but this time a bigwig from the Supervisor's Office was on scene,so...
Anyway, even though I rarely wear a hardhat in the woods, this time I did. And I always do when I'm sawing.
First off, I can verfiy that Eric is alive. It's true. We spoke to him on the phone. (And, Marci, Scott's as bad as you about returning calls! It must run in the family.)
As for the whole helmet thing, personally, I thought it was pretty smart. In fact, I'm considering wearing one all the time from now on, as a prophylactic matter. You never know what could happen--may as well be prepared.
It kind of reminds me of a conversation that my mom recounts that occurred between her and my dad years ago on a family trip as they were driving over a huge never ending bridge.
-----
My mom: Gerry, what could we do to protect ourselves on the off chance that the bridge collapsed?
My dad: **silence**
My mom: Gerry! Seriously--what could we do.?!?!
My dad: I know, Barbara. I was thinking. We drive across a lot of bridges on our trips. The only thing I can think of is that whenever we go on a family trip, the entire family will have to put on orange life preservers as soon as we get in the car.
-----
So, I'm thinking that on the road trip to Logan (ok, I know it's not really a "road trip") I'm going to wear an orange life preserver and a helmet. And I'm not taking them off once we get to Logan either. Not even in the church.
Sure. You can laugh. You can all laugh. But guess who'll be laughing when Logan is hit by a massive tidal wave? Or a tsunami? Hahaha! Yah. That's right. It'll be me. And everyone else around us will be laughing, too.
No! Not laughing at me, the hard-hat-life-preserver-wearing-women-in-a-desert. No. Definitely not. They'll be laughing *with* me.
But they'll absolutely be laughing at the suckers who have to hang out with me.
I can't wait.
I don't think I need to go as far as Nikki. I mean the chain mail underwear I wear each day is good enough. Does anyone have any Talcum powder?
Post a Comment
<< Home