A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Miracle? Serendipity? or Just Plain Funny?

So Jyll and I know this couple who wanted to be done having kids. After their last kid, a year ago, the woman had a tubal ligation. Done. Period. Right? Wrong. Two weeks ago they found out she is pregnant. They've been to the doctor to make sure it isn't ectopic and all that, and it isn't. It is a viable pregnancy. What makes it really funny is that they have spent the last year making fun of all their friends who are still having kids by saying things like "Sucker, in one more year we'll never have to change diapers again," and " It is so nice knowing that I won't be up all night with a newborn ever again." I guess God showed them. So much for running your mouth. Anyway, the funniest part about the whole situation is this: The couple is me and Jyll. Yep, we are the .05% of people who have a tubal ligation fail...and all the doctor can say is "Sorry, this has never happened to me before." In all honesty we can't complain. Although #5 is a suprise, with all the possible medical mistakes that can lead to suprises in your health, this is one that we can't possibly be upset about. We are slowly getting used to the idea of #5 and trying to re-adjust back to our old way of thinking about diaper duty and sleepless nights being a small price to pay.

8 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

Unbelieveable! And, you totally surprised me. I had no idea it was you two until the end of the post. Wow. Congrats!

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So after this one, you two should probably go for the ligation/snip combination. I think some HMOs call this the #3 value package.
Man, you two must be the most fertile people on the face of the earth. It wouldn't be suprising if this baby were born with super powers...able to go where no one has gone before; nothing able to stop her; ability to squeeze through tight spaces; supurb sense of direction; yada-yada-yada.

My next question to the doctor would be regarding the type of trust fund he is going to be setting up for this 0.05% banger. Slimer than skim milk. Wow.

Congrats, really.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she'll be really good at Twister when she rows up.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rows = grows

7:01 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Congradulations! I guess there is a big waiting list up there to be in the Nate and Jyll household, and the bouncers let one slip through.
Maybe you should think about changing doctors, and make sure there are no surgical rags, tongs, or something left behind in Jyll from her last C-section.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Congratulaions.
If you ever want to run away from home, let me know. There is an abandoned mine shaft I could hide you guys in for a while.
What are you going to name it?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jyll said...

Okay Marci, that is not even funny. I am having a hard enough time with one. Luckily, the doctor saw only one beating heart last week in the ultrasound. This is just way too crazy!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Rabecca said...

Do you know what I think is crazy? I just found out that my dad and his new wife are excpecting!! That means Elliot will have an aunt or uncle younger then him!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home