A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Big Suprise

This has happened to me twice this year. I go outside to wait for my van pool at around 4:00 pm, and I watch smiling people going by in their cars on their way home. Then "BOOM!" I hear an explosion. It startles me enough that I contemplate throwing myself down on the ground in the duck and cover position. Then I think, "Oh wait I'm on an Air Force Base, could it be a sonic boom?" Nope, it is too loud for that unless a plane is flying supersonic at a dangerously low altitude. So I have a look around and notice a plume of smoke and dust about a half mile north from me, across the street from the Explosive Ordinace Disposal Unit. Yeah, they're setting off bombs.

Here is another dumb story. A rabbit attacked me, Monty Python style. I was riding my bike to work this morning, and I saw a rabbit in my head light. I thought I would head straight for him, and expected to scare him off into the bushes on the side of the road. I don't think he noticed me because right before I was about to hit him he jumped four feet straight into the air then took off into the bushes. I still have thoughts of Monty Python running through my head.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rabecca said...

Bombs and rabbits jumpin up in the air at 4 ft high, now thats some amazing stuff! The only thing amazing that happens in my day is when I get some of my apple stuck in my teeth and can't get it out! :p

12:52 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Marci are you trying to say I should take my gun when I go bike riding? This from a girl whose son wants to date barrel racers, and she loses mice in her car.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not a gun on your bike ride, but definately take the Holy Hand-Grenade with you next time out.

Question: After I eat all my vegitables, what do I do with their wheel chairs?

12:14 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

vegEtables.
Can I have the wheelchairs? It would be fun to use them to run over some of the multitudinous rabbits out here. (I ran out of Holy Hand Grenades).

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home