Update

Since Brad and Rabecca don't have internet access at this time, I thought I would give all of you an update. Elliot developed a bit of jaundice. His bilirubin count was high. The chemical bilirubin is a byproduct of the breakdown of red blood cells which are constantly being replenished. Infants have a limited ability to eliminate biliruben from the body due to immature liver. He had "phototherapy" to help his body eliminate this chemical. The medical people brought this little , ummmm, let me call it a tanning bedin a suitcase, to Brad's house. Elliot was in it for a couple of days and that took care of the problem. He is doing great now.
Rabecca says that Elliot looks like his daddy more and more each day. Rabecca is feeling great and is very excited to see that her feet have bones. They have been swollen for so long that she forgot what normal feet look like. Brad says that the baby sleeps a lot and is a "peaceful" kind of a guy. He has long fingers and long feet. All is well.

4 Comments:
It is good that everyone is doing better. Wasn't Nate a bit jaundiced or something like that? Either way, it's good that he was able to finish cooking at home instead of staying another couple of days at the Hospital.
Awesome job all around.
It actually crossed my mind that he was jaundiced when I saw the photo in the prior post. He looks a lot more yellow than his parents. Glad he's getting better. And, it's cool that they have take home beds now!
Well after two days in the UV bed he is a lot more tanner than his parents.
Yes, Scott. Nate did have to spend a couple of extra days in the hospital under the lights for jaundice. They didn't have those take home beds back then. I am surprised that you remembered that. I kept the trail hot between the hospital and home since I went to feed Nate and I had 3 others at home.
Also, FYI, Eric was jaundiced too. However, they didn't do "phototherapy" on him. I think that clear back in those days :), it must not have been invented yet because he had it worse than Nate. However, he was able to overcome it...
Post a Comment
<< Home