A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A little spiritual help would be nice

Last night we received some fairly bad news. Rabecca's sister, Sarah, is about 5 months pregnant, and her child has a cyst on her brain. Right now it is not detrimental to the child's health, it may go away, but it may get larger. The long term effects are not known, and we heard that there is not much the doctors can do. It is very frightening for Sarah, but I think it will turn out for the better.

Rabecca's mother requested that we fast this Sunday for Sarah and her child. I am extending this offer to our family to participate in a fast this Sunday. I would greatly appreciate it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I will be happy to support a fast. Hopefully, I will be in Logan at that time. :) Many people joining together fasting in faith can accomplish much.

I am very sorry to hear the news about Sarah and the baby. How did they figure out that the baby has a cyst on the brain? Any idea of what caused it?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Rabecca said...

They found it during her altra sound, and they have know idea what caused it. I guess they kept telling Sarah not to worry about it, but as for me? I WOULD!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

I know someone else who went through this (I can't recall who it is right now), and the cyst went away. That seems to happen in most cases. Here's some info on it: http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=6610&page=6#choroid

And, here's a online support message board for it: http://choroidplexuscyst.org/

1:41 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

Here's a link ot another helpful article:http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYD/is_1_39/ai_112542265

2:37 PM  
Blogger Rabecca said...

Thanks Nikki! We forwarded the links to Sarah, and I'm sure it will boost her confidence.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home