A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July

This is nothing big, but I just wanted to catch everyone up on what I have been up to lately. This weekend we bought a camcorder for those moments that we don't want to miss. Like when Elliot smiles, laughs, and in the future when he falls off the top of the monkey bars and breaks his collar bone. We did a little research, and decided to go with the Canon Elurus-100 mini-DV format instead of the DVD. It's cheaper, and we will most likely be doing a lot of editing on the computer.

We also threw a big BBQ for our neighbors. It was an impromptu BBQ on the 3rd and I am surprised at how many people had no plans for that day, and they decided to hang out with us. There were so many new mothers that one picnic table was dedicated to car seats.

I also recently competed in Elders quorum pine wood derby. There were two categories a standard devision, and a no holds bar devision. I competed in the no holds bar with my rocket powered car. I basically drilled a hole in the back of my car and put a model rocket engine in it. It was the only car that could use the track as a launch ramp.

My supervisor also opened up a position on the government side of things so I can be converted from contractor to government. If it doesn't happen then I will get a $10,000 pay raise in August. If it does happen then I will get a $10,000 pay raise plus benefits. Either way I think I am setting myself in a good starting position.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Sounds like things are looking up for you, Brad.
I like the Pine Wood Derby idea. How far did your car go?

8:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Hooray!!!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man...I got a 50 cent an hour raise this year...

Just to clarify...when you say that your car used the track as a launch pad, are you saying that your car went up the track? Either that is way cool or it is way odd. Or both. Still thinking that one over(rocket powered pine wood derby car).

9:44 PM  
Blogger Rabecca said...

oh yeah it went up the ramp and into the tree!!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home