A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Shall we do this?

I am trying really hard not to micro-manage (Parker trait). But.....see what you think of this idea for our July family weekend.

Lee and I will drive to Logan Friday afternoon or evening on July 14 and attend the Utah Festival Opera. We will have a motel room for Friday/Saturday. People arriving Sat. can base their stay in our room until their own becomes available. Sometimes rooms are not available until afternoon.

If Scott, Niki, Eric and/or Marci want to stay Pocatello Friday night and come down Sat. morning, that would work too.

Or, if you want to attend the Festival Opera when Lee and I do, babysitting arrangements will have to be made since the performance is not kid friendly....hours of sitting quietly. Scott Mangum could handle it just fine, but he's about the only grandkid that could.

Saturday could be spent doing all kinds of kid stuff. I will not micro manage any Sat. activity. You can all decide what to do now or later. I will just be happy to spend time with you.

Sunday would be the baby blessing followed by a picnic.

Check out the Best Western Baugh at www.bestwesternbaugh.com They have a pool for the kids and big people too. They have a hot breakfast buffet, cribs and rollaways are available. We could also reserve adjoining rooms so that we could put the kids to bed in one room and visit in another. This seemed like a good place to be.

Scott and Nate could have the adjoining rooms, then moving any sleeping kids would be a breeze when the "visiting room" is emptied.

Let me know what you think. I feel a need to make early reservations so that I can have what I want.

3 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

That sounds good to me. Unless everyone else does differently, we'll probably plan on booking a hotel room on Sat. night and staying in Pocatello on Fri. night.

Is anyone else (aside from Lee and Lorraine) planning to stay there on Fri. night?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jyll said...

Lorraine, ignore the e-mail I just sent you about this :-) You are on the ball. We will not be in Logan until Saturday about noon and we will plan on staying over wherever everyone else is. This is going to be so much fun!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I'll probably stay in Pocatello Friday night. I'll stay somewhere (hotel, Poky, or the back of my truck in a parking lot) (I've done it before)on Saturday night and leave back to Hines on Sunday.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home