A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Speaking of Ass Burn

I got a new source of income today. I now receive some of your tax dollars to sit on a jury. Here's the ass burn part. I get paid $12 per day. Woo-hoo! I don't mind being on a jury, but I think it is almost an insult to get paid $12 bucks per day. If they didn't pay me at all I could at leats call it volunteer service. Don't get me wrong, I WILL keep the money, but $12 per day is pretty silly.

Other funny stories. Triston's swim teacher is pretty impressed with his swimming skills. He even told T that he could be an Olympic Swimmer in the "pencil kick." Triston's friends are all impressed. He also made all the watching moms gasp with horror when he did a front flip off the diving board. Apparantly, other kids didn't learn to do flips off the couch onto cushions when they were 1 1/2. I don't get it.

Jyll told Caleb that Grandpa Jo might not bring the boat to Park City when we visit in July. Caleb responded without concern "that's okay, we'll just build a boat like Nephi did." That'll make for some fun water skiing. However the tubing WILL be fun on the giant waves after T ties Caleb to the mast.

On Sunday, a member of our ward was deployed to Iraq. He'll be gone for at least 15 months. He is leaving his wife and 3 kids behind. We've been making sure to include him and his family in our family and personal prayers. Funny thing is, his name is Joseph Smith (yes he's from Utah). Tonight, Caleb got his church characters wrong and asked the Lord to bless "the soldiers, and Nephi, and his family." Is it wrong to laugh at a child's sincere prayer? If so, I earned my spot in Hell years ago and cemented that spot tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

You did make it through jury selection? What is your case about? Have fun.

Speaking of funny prayer stories, I was helping Marci say her prayers when she was being potty trained. I said the words and she would repeat them after me. I said, "Help me to not wet my pants." Marci said, "Help Mommy to not wet her pants." See you in hell.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

Well, at least you're not in the negatives. In most states, the cost of child care isn't covered. I'm not sure about Arizona. And, not too many male judges w/ SAH wives are all that sympathetic to the issue, and few consider it to be a reason to be released from jury duty.

So, if that's the case in Arizona, then let's hope Jyll's not called for jury duty. If she is, then you'll be making -$100 at least per day.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home