A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Monday, March 13, 2006

stuff

Alright, you hairy, potty mouthed, talented, smart children of mine. I have a bit of news for you.

Lanier Brugh lost its bid for a new contract with the post office and so your dad's job with Lanier Brugh will be nonexistent at the end of the month. Hopefully, the new contractor will hire him to continue on the same run. His seniority was such that he could bump almost any driver anywhere, but there are no Lanier Brugh runs nearby. I work for the state of Idaho and so I cannot leave until I retire if I want a decent retirement. We will see what happens.

And I still might go on strike. It all depends on "the other side's" reaction to the fact-finding results which may not even come in for 3 more weeks. Wouldn't it be an interesting thing if we were both unemployed next month? Hmmm

Shannon is coming over this weekend. I am going to take Friday off and we will spend time....maybe having pedicures.

I am going to forward some information about your grandparents. Not good news, either.
See you later.
Sincerely, your wet blanket for all occasions,
Mom

PS I, personally, hate the birthday spanking tradition....I agree with Triston

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How close is dad to full retirement in terms of his union hook-ups? Is there such a thing as an "early retirement package" for truck-drivers? Either way, it will all work out. Things usually do in this family of ours.

Oh, and that is aweful about G&G Parker. Just read the e-mail. I don't think assisted living is even an option. I think skilled nursing facility (at least for G-Pa) is about the only realistic option. Good thing he isn't stubborn and is amicable to suggestions of that nature...

4:07 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Time to collect the unemployment check, sign up for wellfare, and spend the evening drinking Pina Colada's on the beach in south Florida! Heck! I think I will join you.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Rabecca said...

Brad and I would love to come up this weekend to see Shannon, if that sounds good to you?

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home