Talia's trip to the ER
Last night Scott took Talia to the ER for croup--in his pajamas, boots with no socks, no glasses, no coat, no cell phone, and in the middle of a snow storm. She was *that* bad. I've never seen him move so fast. She's had croup many times before, and has even been to the ER because of it, but last night was the worst we've ever seen. She could barely breathe at all and threw up in the car twice. They saw T as soon as Scott walked in the door and had her medicated within a few minutes.
They considered admitting her for a few days in order to follow her progress but decided against it. He left at 2 and returned at 7:30 am.
She's better today, but not great, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for tonight. Stay tuned...

3 Comments:
Thats scary! I can totally relate, When Elliot had croup he was in the Er for 6 hours, until they admitted him in. I'm glad to hear she's doing better. :)
I hope she is doing much better. You know she is really sick if someone in the medical field hurries that fast. My dad would not take us to the doctor unless we were on the verge of death. I hope you are getting some sleep.
Jyll--it's so funny that you say that about your dad! My dad is the same way--I used to say that the only time he'd ever suggest that one of us kids go to the Dr. is if we were bleeding profusely from the head!
Scott's the same way, so when I saw him react so quickly and act to concerned, it really freaked me out! Usually as soon as she starts to wheeze from croup, I start insisting that we call the Dr. or take her to the ER, but his professional opinion always prevails (and, he's almost always right about medical issues--not surprising in light of his job--which is why I trust his judgment) and she has only been to the ER one time before this.
This time it was bad. But, she's doing much better now, I'm happy to say:)
Post a Comment
<< Home