A Bunch of Crooks

The Crook family blog.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Lawn Guy

So, I decided to hire a guy to mow the lawn this year. We asked Tim, the yard man, to recommend someone. (I didn't want to mess around with neighborhood kids trying to do the job.) He recommended a guy by the name of Nick Orr and told us that he would be the only one that he would recommend.

Sure enough, it was the youngest Orr boy who is working his way through college. Nick asked about the family, naming Scott and Brad especially.

Yesterday he and his "helper" came and mowed and trimmed the yard. I timed them. It took them a total of 15 min. They were speed walking behind their mowers and Nick could run that trimmer as fast as he could walk.

He is a good kid and is doing well. I had to chuckle, because both times I have seen Nick, he has had his T-shirt on inside out. There has to be a reason, but I am not asking. So last night I dreamed that my shirt was dirty, so I just turned it inside out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Speaking of the Lawn Guy...Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Does Nick have a green card? Within a few months he'll be a felon if he doesn't.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nick Orr!? I barely remember him other than the name, but it's good to know he is still around.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home